Berwick Toy library is a non-profit, volunteer run community toy lending service. Toy libraries promote the importance of children being able to learn through play. With a collection of over 700 toys, games, puzzles, sporting and outdoor equipment, we aim to give every child in the community equal opportunity to learn. Toy Libraries help our environment by providing parents with the opportunity to borrow rather than buy new toys. Be part of your community and meet other local families by joining the Berwick Toy Library today.
We run a low cost volunteer service opening once per fortnight during the school terms. Please see our session upcoming session dates below:
Upcoming Session Dates:
2021- Term 1
Saturday 9th January 9:30-12:30 CANCELLED DUE TO BUILDING WORKS
Saturday 30th January 8:30-10:30 am
Saturday 13th February 8:30-10:30 am
Saturday 27th February 8:30-10:30 am
Saturday 13th March 8:30-10:30 am
Saturday 27th March 8:30-10:30 am
Covid Update Jan 2021:
- We will no longer quarantine toys, however you are welcome to clean prior to giving to your children if you wish to.
- You are still required to clean according to the Covid Cleaning guidelines and verbally confirm you have done so when you return the toys.
- You are still required to sign up for a borrowing appointment via the Member Online Portal.
- All attendees will be required to sign in via the QR tracing system.
- Children can attend with you when you borrow (not on while on duty), however must be supervised at all times.
- You can still request a Mystery Pack via the Portal should you prefer this option, however please note that you cannot swap toys that have been selected for you. These will be borrowed out to you prior to collecting. Should you prefer to select your own toys, a Mystery Pack is not suitable.
- Masks are recommended if you cannot socially distance, but are not mandatory unless government advice changes.