This is a Community Toy Library and is run completely by a volunteer committee. Berwick Toy Library does not employ any paid staff.
We depend on the co-operation of all members in order for our sessions to run efficiently, keep our toys in good condition and to maintain appropriate safety standards.
All members are required to:
- Pay annual membership fee ($60 for families, $40 for family concession and $130 for Family Daycare/Group members)
- Complete at least one rostered duty per term (a $40 fine per duty is payable for not attending a scheduled duty without reasonable notice or if you are unable to attend a duty within the term)
- Take all reasonable care with items, ensuring that children are supervised and do not have access to writing instruments, scissors etc when playing with items.
- Review fortnightly newsletter and notify the toy library if it was not received.
- Return items at the next borrowing session or contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if unable to do so items can be renewed. Items may be renewed once only. Overdue fees of $5 per week after 4 weeks on loan apply.
- Clean items prior to returning. If they have been in contact with a communicable illness they should also be sanitized, and notification sent to us via email prior to their return.
- Count items prior to playing and inform us within 24 hours of any issues or you will be responsible for loss/damage charges of $5 fine per missing piece. Note: larger losses or damages will be dealt with individually. Fines will be refunded if missing pieces or toys ‘turn up’ within a reasonable timeframe, at the discretion of the committee.
- Pay full replacement costs if toys are lost or damaged beyond repair and need replacement. This includes returning toys in poor condition with drawing/fading or pieces broken.
- Pay full replacement costs for failure to return items when ceasing Toy Library membership.
- Notify the Session Leader immediately of any broken, damaged or unsafe toys or email email@example.com
- Notify the Session Leader immediately of any injuries or safety risks observed.
- Be aware that our Child Safe Policy, Code of Conduct, Statement of Commitment, Emergency Management Plan as well as all procedures, policies and the constitution are available to sight at members request.
- Supervise own children at all times when attending the toy library
All members are invited to:
- Contribute to and assist with fundraisers
- Assist with our annual stocktake
- Attend our committee meetings or Annual General Meeting
- Train as a Session Leader or assistant (Current Working with Children Check required)
- Join our committee (Current Working with Children Check required)
- Provide feedback, suggest improvements or air grievances by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org